Life at Home
So we’ve been busy over the past couple of months. We bought a house and have spent the past three months fixing it up. Every weekend, every free day, every evening after work, we’ve headed over to the new place to chip away at the l-o-n-g list of things to do.
In the past three months we’ve:
- replaced the furnace and added an air conditioner
- replaced all the plumbing in the house
- re-done all the electrical in the house
- torn up and then replaced all the floors
- ripped out and replaced the kitchen
- ripped out and re-built the bathroom
- painted the whole house
- ripped out and replaced the baseboards
- taken linoleum off the stair risers and painted the stairs (they’re almost done!)
- done various miscellaneous things that you would never imagine taking as much time as they did….
So, we’re almost moved in. We’re in the home stretch now…. and I’m hoping that once things settle down a bit more that I’ll have more time to blog – that is if we have any readers left!!! I’d like to finish blogging our trip across South East Asia, and begin to provide a few before, during, and after pictures of our house. While moving back to Canada may not be as exotic as living abroad, we’ve certainly found ourselves busy and have started a different kind of adventure back home.